The 600-Yard Rifle Range will be officially open on New Years Day!
- 300 yards you will find 4-6-8 inch steel plates
- 400 yards 4-6-8- inch plates (4inch plate at 400 yards is 1 MOA )
- 500 yards 6-8-10 inch plates
- 600 yards 10-12-24 inch plates
600-Yard Rifle Range Rules
- COLD RANGE: FIREARMS MAY ONLY BE HANDLED IN THE HOT ZONE.
- FIREARM MUST HAVE CHAMBER FLAG in HOT ZONE EXCEPT WHEN FIRING.
- PREPARING TO FIRE (SHOOT) – RANGE HOT SIGN FACEING PARKING LOT, CHAIN ACROSS ROAD LEADING DOWN RANGE.
- VISUALLY CHECK DOWN RANGE, LOOK AGAIN. MAKE SURE NO PERSONEL OR EQUIPMENT ARE IN THE LINE OF FIRE.
- WHEN FINISH FIRING, REPLACE CHAMBER FLAG.
- IF YOU NEED TO GO DOWN RANGE TO CHECK YOUR TARGET, CHECK WITH ALL SHOOTERS IN HOT ZONE TO BE SURE ALL WEAPONS ARE CLEAR AND CHAMBER FLAGS ARE IN PLACE.
- PLACE “RANGE COLD – PERSONEL DOWN RANGE” SIGN IN FRONT MIDDLE OF HOT ZONE FACING PARKING LOT, REMOVE THE CHAIN ACROSS THE ROAD.
- READY RANGE FOR NEXT ROUND OF SHOOTING, REPLACE THE CHAIN GOING ACROSS THE ROAD, REPLACE “RANGE HOT” SIGN FACING PARKING LOT. RANGE IS ONCE AGAIN READY FOR USE.
THIS IS A COLD RANGE IT IS ALSO A ” DRY RANGE,” one more time, it is a “DRY RANGE.” If it has RAINED, SNOWED, HAILED or SLEETED, anything that makes the GROUND WET, or SOFT, DO NOT DRIVE PASSED THE HOT ZONE. We have a nice trail for a road that will work just fine if only used in DRY WEATHER. IF you RUD the road the club will expect you to “PAY” for repairs. PLEASE remember this is a Gun Range, not a MUD Bog.
Please clean up when you are finished shooting, including paper sticks and any trash. Please leave the range cleaner then you found it.
If you have any ideas for range improvement, let us know. Come to a meeting, they happen on the 4th Tuesday of each month except December.